Hi! I’m Laetitia (for non French speakers, it sounds like [ luh–tish–uh ] according to the internet)
I am a professional job hopper and millennial recruitment manger. I have spent all my career finding people for jobs, jobs for people and changing jobs myself so I see myself as a bit of a job matchmaker.
Here are a few things about me:
- I’m 5 foot small (1m 52) when I stand very straight;
- I’m French and have lived and worked in the UK for over a decade (I’ll let you guess my age);
- In 13 years, I’ve had 8 different jobs, always in human resources or recruitment so I know a thing or two about finding work;
- I’ve recently started a new career as a proud working mum of two little girls (14 months apart… I like to be efficient, even when making babies)
- I love 90’s hip hop and binge watching on Netflix;
- I don’t like pets but if I had one it would be a baby dinosaur;
- When I travel, it’s all about trying the local food. I think it’s the best way to discover a culture;
- I associate colours to things, feelings, activities, people;
- I hate stereotypes and being categorised (small, French, woman) so I’ve spent ages writing this…
What’s LuvYourJob about?
I’ve created LuvYourJob.com because I see too many people stuck in a crappy job, with a nasty boss, stupid working hours or a shitty salary. Some people think it doesn’t matter, it’s just a job, it pays the bills. That’s right, it’s just a job, but we all have to work (well, most of us) and since we spend most of our time at work we might as well enjoy it. Finding a job is a bit like finding a partner and I strongly believe that everyone deserves a job they love. No one would want you to be with someone who doesn’t make you happy, well I don’t want you to stay in a job that doesn’t make you happy neither and and, as your job matchmaker, I’m here to give you a few dating tips to find the right one.
During my journey through the wonderful world of recruitment I have learnt a few secrets that I’d like to share with you.
This blog and the LuvYourJob Programme (yet to be launched… I’ve been writing and re-writing it for the past 3 years…) is about inspiring and empowering YOU to find a job you love.
I hope you find this useful and will soon find your dream job..
Lots of Luv xx